Epiphany Fellowship is a church in the heart of Philadelphia, PA. We are a
local church learning what it means to follow Jesus in a complex city core. We see ourselves
in a growing relationship with Jesus and one another, igniting us to be agents of change in
our city. Similar to the early disciples, we are made up of an array of global ethnicities,
young families, singles, professionals, Philadelphia natives, college students, artists, and
seasoned saints, which makes us quite the motley crew to serve Jesus.
Showing off the glory of Christ in every area of life.
We came into existence because a new mission field of unreached people came of age in the cities of North America (Matt 9:37). We were compelled by the Lord, commissioned and confirmed by the Pastoral Leadership of several church communities to start a new church in the city of Philadelphia, PA (Acts 14:21-23).
Epiphany Fellowship was a dream spun in the heart of Dr. Mason by God in 2001 when he sensed the Lord leading him and his wife, Yvette, to pray and dream about heading back to their east coast roots from the South. Dr. Mason began to spend countless evenings in coffee shops with his laptop, his Bible and several books learning what it would mean to plant a church.
What the Lord led through His word for Dr. Mason to envision? A Christ-centered, biblically sound, come as you are, multiethnic, multi-socio-economic, multi-generational, city reaching, glocally engaging, church planting church in the city (Act 2:42-47, 13:1-3, 14:21-15).
For about three years he wrote and prayed. The Lord, through William and Michelle Branch, as well as the North American Mission Board (NAMB) focused their thinking on Philly (Acts 16:6-9). As Dr. Mason began to relay the vision, it seemed to resonate with what God was already brewing in the city of brotherly love.
Dr. Mason then decided to relocate his family from Texas to Little Rock, AR to get trained through Fellowship Associates – a ministry of Fellowship Bible Church in Little Rock, AR – for church planting. With the completion of this process, the elders of FBC commissioned Dr. Mason to plant Epiphany Fellowship.
Upon relocating to Philly in May 2005, what began as an individual’s vision transitioned to a shared vision of a community of people in order to become a local church.
Epiphany Fellowship launched publicly as a church September 17, 2006 in North Philly. Since then, Epiphany Fellowship has become a flourishing multiethnic community in the core of Philadelphia. Epiphany has been committed to discipling people across social, ethnic, and economic lines from all over the globe. Although God gave Dr. Mason a vision, it has taken more than his leadership alone for this ministry to flourish. With the collaborative effort of generous Churches, prayer warriors, a solid pastoral team and committed congregation and the power of the Holy Spirit, we are where we are today.
In the neighborhood in which it is planted, Epiphany ministers to hundreds of people with the comprehensive power of the gospel. The outreach of Epiphany Fellowship is not only local but global as well. Epiphany Fellowship is helping start new churches in the U.S. and recently in Africa.
©hrist-centeredness (Col 1:16)
…all things were created through Him and for Him.
– We are convicted that Jesus must be the center of everything in our lives.
– We are convicted that His life, death, burial, and resurrection would form and inform every sector of who we are (Rom 8:29)
©ommitment (Act 2:42)
– We are convicted that the truth of the bible shapes what we believe and how we live for Jesus Christ
– We are convicted that the local church is God’s means to help shape and encourage our lives for Jesus Christ
– We commit ourselves to being vitally connected to God’s people in the local church as a mutual discipleship community
©ommunity (Acts 2:44)
– Epiphany Fellowship will seek to build a healthy environment in which believers may fellowship with other believers with Christ at the center (1John 1).
– Epiphany Fellowship will seek to be a ministry that lives out the “one another’s” of Scripture. We desire that all members of Epiphany Fellowship never go through life with unmet needs.
©onversions (Acts 2:47)
– We proclaim the gospel
– We follow up new converts
– Disciple them from spiritual infancy to spiritual maturity
©ulturally Relevant Ministry (1Chron 12:32)
– We are convicted to equip and dispatch God’s people to promote the gospel locally, nationally, internationally (1Cor 9)